HISTORY: OLA MISSION - RECTORY
As discussed on the history page, the rectory was completed in 1940. It was designed to comfortably house 8-9 priests.
Between the closing of the parish in 1990 and when Fr. Bob arrived in 2005, the rectory building decayed rapidly. As Fr. Bob would say “it looked like someone roto-tilled the kitchen floor.”
The main repairs included: plaster/ paint repair, flooring replacement, electrical rewiring, heating system repair, plumbing repairs, outside brick tuckpointing, window replacement, and a complete overhaul of the landscaping.
New or slightly used furniture was also donated for all of the rooms.
The rectory is now the home to the Franciscans of the Eucharist.