HISTORY: OLA MISSION - CONVENT
As discussed on the history page, the convent building was completed in 1955 for the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (BVMs). It has 37 single bedrooms, a 40 seat chapel, multiple sitting and storage rooms, and a large kitchen and dining room.
Also a disaster upon Fr. Bob’s arrival, the convent needed extensive repair. Most notably, all of the plumbing needed to be replaced, all heating elements were either replaced or fixed (including the boiler itself), all of the electrical wires were replaced, roof was replaced, all of the windows were replaced and everything (including the lime green kitchen cabinets) needed to be repainted and cleaned.
The convent is now used for housing volunteers, hosting retreats, and storing donations. Please see the RETREAT PAGE.